We believe in being an active part of the communities where our employees and customers live and work. We proudly give back to organizations, non-profits and schools in order to strengthen the fabric of our communities.
Our Giving Guidelines:
A common thread among the organizations we give back to is a commitment to environmental, educational, health and social issues. We also feel our impact is greater when we focus our resources in a few areas and within our local neighborhoods.
Requests must be submitted by email to your local store:
Requests should be submitted 30 to 60 days before the donation is needed. The request must be submitted on your organization's letterhead with all of the information included.
Uncle Dan's and Erehwon receive many donation requests and we review all of them. We wish that we could accommodate all those who contact us, but we are not always able to do so. Due to the number of requests we receive, we ask that you only submit your request once. We will do our best, but some organizations may not receive a response.
Eligible organizations must be a non-profit status under IRS section 501(c) (3) or a public service organization or institution (public schools are included). Political organizations are not eligible. We do not donate cash.
We make it a priority to collect backpacks and winter coats for families local shelters.
Here is a sample of the groups we’ve made donations to in the past few years:
- Camp for All Kids
- Chicago Adventure Therapy
- Connections for the Homeless
- Coonley Elementary School Spring Fundraiser
- Dewey Elementary School - Homeless Survival Kits
- Blaine Elementary School- Friends of Blaine Gala
- German International School Fundraiser
- Highland Park High School Charity Drive
- Illinois Audubon Society: Lake-Cook Chapter
- Kellogg School of Management Charity Auction Ball
- Lycée Français de Chicago Fundraiser
- The Friendship Center Food Pantry Fundraiser
- The Night Ministry
- Windy City Harvest Program