After more than 15 years of cranking, R1 fabric is still a benchmark for alpine efficiency. Its high/low grid interior (Polartec Power Grid polyester) is key to the hoody's versatility, and the highly refined fabric - the lightest and most breathable iteration ever - remains exclusive to Patagonia. It stretches, traps heat and compresses to practically nothing, with the pared-down but versatile features that climbers and backcountry skiers need: a snug-fitting balaclava-style hood; a minimalist, deep-venting front zipper with a soft zipper garage that keeps your chin comfy; and a variable-conditions cuff with discreet on-seam thumb holes and spiral-stitch construction so you can push up the sleeves with no ensuing forearm pump. With off-shoulder seams for pack-wearing comfort, a long torso for layering under a harness, an exterior chest pocket and Polygiene permanent odor control.
- Exclusive to Patagonia, this Polartec Power Grid fabric with Polygiene permanent odor control is light and breathable with outstanding stretch and durability
- Snug-fitting, balaclava-style hood fits comfortably under a helmet strap; center-front slim zip with a soft kissing-welt zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Raglan sleeves for increased mobility and off-shoulder seaming for comfort under a pack
- Pullover silhouette has deep center-front zipper to allow for quick venting
- One left-chest pocket has slim zip install, zipper garage and mesh pocket bag
- Sleeves have discreet on-seam thumb holes for added coverage in cold conditions
- Torso is 1" longer than usual to stay tucked in under a harness or a pack waistbelt
- Slim Fit
- 364 g (12.85 oz)
- 6.3-oz Polartec Power Grid 93% recycled polyester/7% spandex with Polygiene permanent odor control.
- Fabric is certified as bluesign approved.
- Fair Trade Certified sewn