Uncle Dan's is committed to providing quality outdoor gear and an unsurpassed customer service experience. Since we began in 1972, we have been proud to support non-profit organizations that improve the quality of life in our Uncle Dan's store communities.
Our Giving Guidelines:
Uncle Dan's typically donates gift cards redeemable in our retail stores. Requests must be submitted by email to: email@example.com or faxed to 888-287-3960. Requests should be submitted 30 to 60 days before the donation is needed. The request must be submitted on your organization's letterhead with all of the information included.
We are proud of our roots and as a result the majority of our giving goes to eligible organizations which strengthen the communities in which our employees live and work and those that strive to improve the environment
We will consider donations outside our communities as our resources allow. Uncle Dan's receives many donation requests, and we review all of them. We wish that we could accommodate all those who contact us, but we are not always able to do so. Due to the number of requests we receive, we ask that you only submit your request once. We will do our best, but some organizations may not receive a response.
We look for programs that encourage the following:
Eligible organizations must be a non-profit status under IRS section 501(c) (3) or a public service organization or institution (public schools are included). Political organizations are not eligible. We do not donate cash or put ads in programs or ad books.
We make it a priority to collect backpacks and winter coats for families local shelters. We also make in-kind donations to local organization and schools when the resources are available.
Here is a sample of the groups we’ve made donations to in the past few years:
- Camp for All Kids
- Chicago Adventure Therapy
- Connections for the Homeless
- Coonley Elementary School Spring Fundraiser
- Dewey Elementary School - Homeless Survival Kits
- Blaine Elementary School- Friends of Blaine Gala
- German International School Fundraiser
- Highland Park High School Charity Drive
- Illinois Audubon Society: Lake-Cook Chapter
- Kellogg School of Management Charity Auction Ball
- Lycée Français de Chicago Fundraiser
- The Friendship Center Food Pantry Fundraiser
- The Night Ministry
- Windy City Harvest Program