Designed for one-to-two day adventures, the streamlined, yet highly versatile Patagonia Ascensionist Pack 35L has everything you need, but absolutely nothing more. It features an integrated, asymmetrical spindrift collar that opens wide and closes in a single motion for fast packing. A secondary collar protects your gear from ugly weather, allows serious overstuffing and holds gear securely when the pack is hanging. The removable frame sheet, made from a lightweight aluminum rod and covered with mesh, provides support for weighted loads and moves with you as you bend and flex. Ergonomic shoulder straps (with load lifters) match your torso’s contours for 24-hour comfort, and the hip belt has removable pads for simplicity. Four rows of exterior daisy chains provide lashing options for a rope, helmet and pad; ice tools attach via an integrated buckle and tool pocket.
- Lightweight, bomber, tear- and abrasion-resistant nylon ripstop
- Asymmetrical spindrift collar opens wide for easy packing; drawcord simultaneously cinches collar and closes lid for a secure seal; additional spindrift collar deploys to protect your gear when you’ve overstuffed your pack
- Aluminum-stay frame with tensioned mesh center gives pack structure and helps to support heavy loads, but can be removed for lightweight pursuits
- Hip belt has adjustable pads that can be removed to create a simple webbing hip belt, or you can remove the entire hip belt for ultralight travel
- Center sheath ice-axe carry system accommodates a wide assortment of axes
- Daisy chains on front and side panels provide lashing options; compression straps on sides help manage different size loads; zippered pocket on lid provides easy access to small items
- Available in two sizes: small/medium and large/extra large
- Body: 6.25-oz 210-denier 100% nylon semi-dull double ripstop and 6.05-oz 400-denier 100% nylon ripstop.
- Lining: 1.8-oz 40-denier 100% nylon double-ripstop with a polyurethane coating and silicone finish and 200-denier 100% polyester
- 907 g (32 oz)