The Smith Shorewood Polarized Sunglasses have a glamorous frame shape that complements a variety of face shapes and sizes. Bold frame surfacing paired with broad temples provides tremendous coverage and protection from the ambient glare.
- Medium Fit/Large Coverage
- Carbonic TLT Lenses: Engineered to be the most impact resistant lens material in the world. Injection molded with Tapered Lens Technology (TLT) for optical precision and a high level of protection
- Evolve Frame Material: An environmentally friendly sunglass frame material that is lightweight and durable
- Hydrophilic Megol Nose and Temple Pads: Gently grips your skin to help keep your frame in place. The gripping power increases when introduced to moisture
- 8 Base Lens Curvature: The base curve is the radius of the sphere measured from the back of the lens. Smith features styles with 6, 8, and 9 base lens curvature. Models that include 6 base tend to be more flat relative to your face front. While 9 base styles provide the maximum amount of wrap around your face
- Polarized Brown absorbs stray blue light and sharpens visual acuity while reducing reflected glare.
- Provides 100% protection from harmful UVA/B/C rays
- VLT* = 15%
*Visible Light Transmission (VLT): The amount of light that reaches the eye after passing through the lens is measured as a percentage. All-purpose sunglasses, for example, typically range in VLT from 15 to 25%, while those designed for scaling a glacier, where the light is blindingly bright, range in VLT from 4 to 10%. Watersport sunglasses typically have a VLT somewhere in between, depending on the particular condition for which they're designed