In a parallel universe, not long ago, Smith Optics set out to develop the ideal interchangeable sunglasses. It was agreed that this style needed to be lightweight, contemporary, and performance driven. The Smith Parallel Sugar Plum/Platinum Sunglasses are just that.
- Medium Fit/Medium Coverage
- Carbonic TLT Lenses: Engineered to be the most impact resistant lens material in the world. Injection molded with Tapered Lens Technology (TLT) for optical precision and a high level of protection
- Evolve Frame Material: An environmentally friendly sunglass frame material that is lightweight and durable
- Hydrophobic Lens Coating: The coating repels moisture, grease and grime. A barrier between your lenses and the world. Water will bead up and disperse without streaking. Smudges from fingerprints are wiped clean easily
- 9 Base Lens Curvature: The base curve is the radius of the sphere measured from the back of the lens. Smith features styles with 6, 8, and 9 base lens curvature. Models that include 6 base tend to be more flat relative to your face front. While 9 base styles provide the maximum amount of wrap around your face
- Platinum: A Gray lens with Platinum mirror coating to reduce visible light and glare by reflecting it away from the eye. This lens displays a subtle mirror effect. Often described as a "flash" coating.
- Provides 100% protection from harmful UVA/B/C rays
- VLT* for this pair sunglasses = 11%
*Visible Light Transmission (VLT): The amount of light that reaches the eye after passing through the lens is measured as a percentage. All-purpose sunglasses, for example, typically range in VLT from 15 to 25%, while those designed for scaling a glacier, where the light is blindingly bright, range in VLT from 4 to 10%. Watersport sunglasses typically have a VLT somewhere in between, depending on the particular condition for which they're designed