TSA Regulations issued 9/26/2006 call for bottles 3 ounces or less. Most bottles in the Medium travel kit are too big. Check out the Small Travel Kit.
The Nalgene Travel Kit Medium is made of sturdy plastics. A selection of (6) guaranteed leakproof, durable bottles; some with independent screw caps, some with handy dispensing caps and (2) storage jars. Jars are not recommended for liquid storage (see below). Dishwasher safe (top rack)
Nalgene has very high standards when it comes to calling a container leakproof. They fill up the container and then pressurize it. If it does not leak they consider it to pass the test and be worthy of being called leakproof.
They test their jars by filling them with water and then turning them upside down. If no water comes out they consider the jar to pass the test. So jars will hold liquid but they are not held to as high a standard as the bottles. The jars may be a better choice for thicker liquids such as lotions or gels. And of course they are great for Tums, or Advil.
Where is the Large Travel Kit, you ask? Good question, as long as anyone can remember there has only been a small and medium, though, we must say, the medium is a very nice size.
From Left to Right:
- Bottle w/Red cap is 1 oz
- Square bottle w/Blue cap is 2 oz (same size as the bottle w/white cap)
- Rectangular bottle w/Green cap is 4 oz
- The next two bottles are 4 oz, perfect for shampoo and conditioner
- The white dispensing caps will fit on all the bottles in the kit (except for the 1/2 oz)
- The square bottle is 2 oz, its the same as the bottle w/blue cap
- The bigger jar is 2 oz
- The last jar is 1 oz
- All Bottles are BPA Free
- Sturdy and reliable
- Economical Dishwasher Safe (top rack only)
- Withstands temperatures from -148ºF to 248ºF