There’s a reason the Camelbak M.U.LE. Hydration Pack 100oz is a one of the bestselling and long-running pack: it’s got everything you need, and nothing you don’t.
The M.U.L.E. has a narrow-gauge design that keeps it light and maneuverable—so even when it’s fully loaded for a day of mountain biking, it won’t get in your way.
Since CamelBak launched the first M.U.L.E. in 1996, mountain bikers have been telling us that it hits the sweet spot of size vs. storage: it’s lightweight, but big enough to carry three liters of water and a day’s worth of snacks and gear.
Over the years, they’ve also added air channels to keep your back cool, universal helmet hooks, and clever compartments for stashing tools, keys and electronics. The latest version also features a magnetic tube trap that snaps easily into place, so you can hydrate without taking your eyes off the trail.
Key Pack Features:
- XV back panel, magnetic tube trap, bike tool organizer pocket, four-point compression, helmet hooks
Designed to Carry:
- Helmet, multi-tool, pump, spare tube, extra layer, lunch, phone, keys
Antidote Reservoir Features:
Quick Link System, 1/4 turn - easy open/close cap, lightweight fillport, dryer arms, center baffling and low-profile design, patented Big Bite Valve, HydroGuard technology, PureFlow tube, easy-to-clean wide-mouth opening
- Hydration Capacity: 100 oz/3L
- Total Capacity: 9L (549 cu in) + 3L Reservoir
- Total Weight: 1 lb 5 oz (pack only)
- Dimensions: 19 x 10.5 x 2"
- Torso Length: 16.5"
- Back Panel: XV
- Multi-Layer EVA foam pods provide superior cross ventilation in a lightweight design
- Harness: Independent suspension with ultra light 3D mesh and perforated foam
- Belt: Removable 20mm /.75" stability
- Fabric: 70D / 210D diamond ripstop nylon w/ 70D / 140D block dobby nylon
- CamelBak Got Your Bak Guarantee
Pack Cleaning: CamelBak recommends wiping your pack with a damp cloth to remove dirt. If the pack is extremely dirty and needs a deeper cleaning, soak it in cool or warm water with a very mild soap. Rinse the pack thoroughly with cool water. If soap residue remains in the fabric, it may create suds if exposed to water or sweat.
DO NOT wash your pack in a washing machine. Machine washing may damage the pack or affect the integrity of the fabric and fasteners, and will void the Got Your Bak Guarantee.
Reservoir Cleaning: The best way to care for your reservoir is to clean and dry it after every use, especially if you fill the reservoir with anything other than water. However, if a reservoir has not been cleaned after every use, and mold or discoloration develops:
- Use hot water and a CamelBak Cleaning Tablet (Or use 2 tablespoons of baking soda or bleach instead of CamelBak Cleaning Tab)
- Mix the solution inside your reservoir and elevate the reservoir above the tube and Big Bite Valve
- Pinch the bite valve, allowing the solution to flow into the drink tube and fill the bite valve
- Let the reservoir and cleaning solution sit in the reservoir and drink tube for about 30 minutes
- Wash the reservoir with hot water and mild soap. Be sure to completely rinse away the cleaning solution in the reservoir and drink tube before using again
You can also use CamelBak brushes from the CamelBak Cleaning Kit to scrub your reservoir and drink tube. Brushes are the best way to ensure you are scrubbing all of the areas of the reservoir clean. Once the reservoir is clean, be sure to air dry overnight so no moisture is trapped inside, which can cause mold to grow.
These steps will make your reservoir safe for use. If there are still spots left behind, these are permanent mold stains that may not be removable. However, your reservoir is still safe and usable after you’ve cleaned it.