The versatile Osprey Kestrel 38 Backpack is designed to transport 30-40 pound loads anywhere you care to go.
With a separate zippered sleeping bag compartment and external sleeping pad straps, it’s a fully functional overnight pack. Or cinch down the StraightJacket side compression straps and take it out for a day of canyoneering in Utah’s San Rafael swell.
Whatever you put inside, Osprey’s LightWire frame transfers the load to a comfortable spacer mesh harness and hipbelt. This innovative suspension system ensures all-day carrying comfort, especially in warm conditions when the Airscape mesh backpanel comes into play.
When it comes time to unpack, the main compartment has top loading or side zip access providing multiple portals to get at your gear without struggle.
Other storage features include top-lid and under-lid zippered pockets, side and front stretch mesh pockets, and two zippered hipbelt pockets.
Along with the extensive pocketry, there are dual front daisy chains and web attachment points on the top lid for anchoring gear to the exterior.
Other useful features include an external hydration sleeve, tuck-away ice tool loops, and Osprey’s Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachments.
The entire pack can be shielded from the elements by deploying the integrated raincover.
- Versatility: Durable, comfortable and technically advanced, these packs are ideal for multi-sport enthusiasts. Adjustable Harness Adjustable harness provides custom torso fit
- Zippered Hipbelt Pockets: Dual zippered hipbelt pockets provide secure storage for often needed items
- External Hydration Sleeve: External hydration sleeve in backpanel simplifies refilling and protects pack contents from spills
- Stretch Mesh Front Pocket: Large front stretch mesh pocket for quickly stashing extra gear
- Tool Attachment: Tuck away tool loops with bungee tie-offs provide secure tool carry
- Front Panel Daisy Chains: Dual front panel daisy chains allow for extra external attachment points
- Integrated Raincover: An integrated and removable raincover protects your gear from foul weather. It stows away in its own external pocket at the bottom of the pack
- Compression Straps: Upper and lower reverse StraightJacket side compression straps stabilize load and also serve as external gear carry straps
- Stow-on-the-Go Trekking Pole Attachment: Osprey’s unique Stow-on-the-Go system allows users to tuck away trekking poles quickly without having to remove their packs
- Sleeping Bag Compartment: Wide mouth access sleeping bag compartment with divider stows your bag out of the way
- Sleeping Pad Straps: Adjustable and removable sleeping pad straps provide secure extra carry
- Side Zipper Access: Side zipper access to main compartment allows easy accessibility to the inside contents of the pack
- 3.5mm LightWire peripheral frame effectively transfers the load from harness to hip belt
- Atilon framesheet spreads load across the entire backpanel to the peripheral frame
- Mesh covered ridged foam allows maximum ventilation while keeping the load close to the body
Spacer Mesh Harness and Hipbelt:
- Soft, edgeless padded mesh offers a soft breathable contact surface and large load support
- Adjustable sternum strap with rescue whistle
- Size: M/L
- Load Range 25 - 40 lbs.
- Volume:2197 cu in/36 L
- Dimensions: 26h x 15w x 16d"
- Weight: 3.02 lbs.
- Main: 210D Nylon Double Diamond Ripstop
- Accent: 420HD Nylon Packcloth
- Bottom: 420HD Nylon Packcloth